Registered Dietitian Nicole Holovach loves making zucchini pickles – especially in the summer when zucchini is abundant! Check out her recipe below.
- 4 Medium Zucchini or Yellow Squash
- 1 Small Onion
- 2.5 Cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Crushed Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- t tsp Tumeric
- Make the brine by bringing the vinegar, sugar, salt, crushed mustard seeds, dry mustard, and tumeric to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Slice the zucchini or squash into very thin rounds. A mandolin works great for this!
- Thinly slice the onion
- Divide the zucchini and onion slices into three pint jars, then pour the brine into the jars. Marinate in the refrigerator at least one. Store in the fridge.