Research has shown that body composition is directly related to health. A normal balance of body fat is associated with good health and longevity, while excess fat in relation to lean body mass can greatly increase a person’s risk for cardiovascular disease, diabetes and more.
Our BIA machine can foster early detection of an improper balance in body composition, allowing for earlier intervention and prevention. It is also a great way to measure a patient’s wellness & weight loss progress.
This cost effective assessment can be done in a 15 minute appointment, and is great for helping our providers to create personalized dietary and exercise plans for patients.
For Best Results…
- Do not eat for 4 hours prior to testing
- Do not exercise 12 hours prior to testing
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 hours prior to testing
- Hydrate well the day before
- Do not drink caffeine on the day of your test
- Insure access to both feet with removable footwear (no socks or pantyhose)
- Do not wear jewelry- all jewelry will have to be removed prior to testing
- Armband must be removed
- Do not put lotion on your hands and feet
- Do not exercise or take a shower before measurement
- Warm up yourself for 20 minutes before a test performed in winter
- For females, avoid having measurement during menstrual period as total body water will be higher than normal