The Medical Spa at Nova is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Certified Massage Therapist to join the team. The Certified Massage Therapist (CMT) performs medical massage and body treatments for clients of The Medical Spa at Nova. He or she must have a thorough knowledge of multiple massage modalities and related products, possess a general understanding of body treatments, and be willing to train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings. The CMT also maintains appropriate sales and service goals and collaborates with the massage team to accomplish revenue goals.
The CMT must hold and maintain a current accredited state and/or Board of Nursing license. Excellent communication and customer service skills are also required. This is a part time position; evening and weekend work is required.
Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination is required. Requires handling of clients and ability to use spa equipment. Requires prolonged sitting and standing for periods of time, as well as bending and stooping. Ability to facilitate prescribed treatment, including full manipulation and resistance. Requires ability to communicate nature of treatment to patient and prepare reports as needed. Evening and weekend work required.
- Must possess and maintain license from accredited state and/or Board of Nursing; The state of VA requires a minimum of 500 hours from an approved massage training program and successful completion of a Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards examination
- Must obtain proper Loudoun County licensing
- Minimum of 1 year prior massage experience in a spa setting or physician’s office preferred
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of basic office machinery such as a multi-line phone system, computer, fax machine, copier, printer, etc.
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and note “CMT” in the subject line.