Proper nutrition begins with smart choices in the grocery store. But, shopping is not always easy. “Markets perform a great public service, but keep in mind they are designed to get you to buy (and, therefore, eat) more food, not less,” says Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor of nutrition at New York University and author of What to Eat: An Aisle-by-Aisle Guide to Savvy Food Choices and Good Eating.
To help simplify the process and for a little extra guidance, join Registered Dietitian Nicole Holovach as she guides you through a local grocery store. She will help you to:
- Create an optimal grocery list for success
- Select and prepare different fruits and vegetables
- Choose the most nutritious breads, cereals and pasta
- Discuss the best dairy products for you
- Read and understand food labels
- Review the “perimeter shopping” methodology, and more!
Upcoming Grocery Store Tours:
- Monday, February 2nd, 10 a.m. – Wegmans Dulles (45131 Columbia Place, Sterling)
- Monday, February 23rd, 11 a.m. – Wegmans Dulles (45131 Columbia Place, Sterling)
- Monday, March 29th, 6:30 p.m. – Wegmans Dulles (45131 Columbia Place, Sterling)
$35 registration fee. Please call 703.554.1100 to schedule your appointment – advanced registration is required.
For grocery store tours at Wegmans, please meet Nicole at the entrance of the store in front of the produce.
For tours at Giant, please meet in front of the customer service desk when you enter.