It’s the perfect time of the year for delicious, juicy tomatoes!
Try one of Registered Dietitian Nicole Holovach’s favorite summer salad recipes: Fresh Corn & Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 Cups of fresh corn kernels
- 2 Cups of Cherry Tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- 1/4 Cup of slivered fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tablespoons of Sherry Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Ounces of Fresh Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- Over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until soft, 5 – 7 minutes. Add corn and saute just until tender, 5 – 6 minutes.
- In a serving bowl, mix the onion and corn with the tomatoes, basil and vinegar. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle goat cheese over salad; serve warm or at room temperature.