We are excited to announce that we’ve joined the Inova Medical Group, a division of the Inova Health System which offers primary care and adult specialty services throughout the D.C. Metro region. We believe this partnership will enhance your patient experience and are excited to be joining an innovative, growing organization!
Nova Medical and Urgent Care Center participates with most major insurance carriers including:
- Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Care First HMO
- Cigna / Great West
- Healthkeepers / Healthkeepers Plus
- MAMSI Life and Health
- ONENET PPO
- Optimum Choice
- Beech Street
- Southern Health
- United Healthcare
- Virginia Health Network (VHN)
- InTotal Health
- Virginia Medicaid (Urgent Care & Dermatology visits only)
This list should only be used as a guide as this list is continuously being updated. Please note that some specialists may not participate with all insurances providers listed above. Please call for more information or to verify which insurances a particular specialist accepts.
Important Acupuncture Information
Our acupuncturists are in-network with Aetna, Cigna/ Great West, Carefirst, Coventry (Frist Health, CCN, Southern Health), and United/MAMSI. If you have acupuncture benefits, we will bill your insurance directly; however any co-insurance or deductibles will apply.
Our acupuncturists are out of network for all other health insurances. We can provide you with the documentation necessary for you to file a claim with your insurance company for potential reimbursement.
Here is an example of what to ask your insurance company to determine if you have acupuncture benefits.
Call the member services number on the back of your card and ask:
- Do I have in OR out-of-network benefits to see an acupuncturist?
- How many sessions are allowed and within what time period?
- What percentage do you cover?
- What is my co-pay to see a specialist?
- Does my plan only cover visits that are considered “medically necessary”?
- What diagnostic codes are covered?
- Are there any restrictions?
- Do I have a deductible to meet first? If yes, how much?
- Do I need a physician referral?
- Is pre-authorization required in order to submit an out-of-network claim?
- Obtain the name and even a reference number of the representative whom you spoke with.
If needed, provide the following procedure/CPT codes to your insurance company representative: 97810 and 97811.
Bring the answers to these questions to check in at your initial consult and we will do our best to help you get insurance coverage for the acupuncture service.
For all billing inquiries related to services prior to May 2, 2016, please contact Nova Medical Group at 703.554.1120. Outstanding payments may be mailed to Nova Medical Group’s attention at 21785 Filigree Court, Suite 100, Ashburn, VA 20147.
For services rendered after May 2, 2016, please contact Inova’s central billing office at 703.423.5750. Please also note that billing statements and other patient forms following May 2nd will be sent from Inova and feature their business logo.